Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I voted for awesome hair



I've decided to take Operetta's perky 50's ponytail and update it by about 15 years or so. Feel free to imagine it as a metaphorical representation of Operetta embracing the looser standards of a different generation. Seriously though, I don't customize my dolls in any way so even this little bit of hair modding is new for me. But I've been itching to try my hand at some customizing of some kind and I figure this is a safe enough start. Why this particular doll? We currently have three Operetta's with ponytails so sacrificing one doesn't seem too major. And if I hate the new look and need to replace her she's a budget doll who's easy to find. And lastly, check out that face. Aside from being so pretty, that day-glo makeup is begging for a looser, groovier hairstyle to accompany it. Imagine those rubber bands are a suede headband with beads dangling down one side. Or just imagine them completely gone, her hair gently framing her face. Seems promising, right? Of course, her stock hair had so much gel in it, it was more like another piece of plastic attached to her head than doll hair. It may take a while to get it to relax into what I'm envisioning. Plus I'm a newbie so it's all a learning process. It's already been fun -- just washing the gel out and banding it down has already given me a whole new appreciation for Skultimate Roller Maze Operetta.






By the way, as I'm sure you know, today is election day! Whoever your candidate of choice is, make sure you get out and vote! And if you're not old enough to vote yet pay attention this round -- before you know it, it'll be your turn!



No comments:

Post a Comment